Day 8

Friday, 07 November 2007

This is our last morning in Montreal. Very sad. We are all packed and ready to go. One last shower and then call the bellman to get our bags and a mini-van to the airport.

We made one last trip to Eggspectation this morning. They were packed. I guess here as in the US people splurge on Friday. I had my favorite of the week Yoke Around the Clock except with one cheddar and one Swiss this time. Dinah had her favorite from yesterday. We ordered the Brioche Beauty for Rose. It's a shame that I did not take a picture of it before I cut it up because it really was a beauty. It was two cinnamon rolls covered in mixed fruit covered in yogurt and drizzled in honey. It was gorgeous. Rose had no interest in it except for a few pieces of melon. We can never figure her out. She ate her two and a half links of sausage though. She can now distinctly say “sausage.”

***

Rose and Dinah took naps while I finished the final details of packing. Then we had to call for a mini-van to take us to the airport but the ride was uneventful other than it was snowing. Check in was a breeze this time. One nice thing about traveling to Canada is that you go through US customs and immigration in the airport. No need to do it again in Atlanta.

Rose pitched the fit of fit while we sat at the gate on our Detroit to Atlanta flight. The lady in front of me was getting angry and saying rude things about Rose to her seat mate. I really wanted to flip her off. I travel all the time. It's not that bad. She must not have any kids in her life. Otherwise maybe she needs to be a little more appreciative of what her own kids go through so that she can enjoy her grandchildren. Rose was done by the time we took off and was fine but squirmy the rest of the flight.

Rose has begun shouting "hey" to anyone nearby or walking by. Sometimes it is very cute, sometimes a little embarrassing.

We got in late into Atlanta, after 9:00pm. I had no idea the haul it is to get to the hotel shuttles and then the madhouse it is once you get there. I'm not sure it wasn't worth driving and parking after that experience.

***

We got into the hotel late. We were able to get the last room service order in. Rose finally got to bed about midnight. At 1:30am she woke up screaming. We think it was a nightmare. She has always done this and we think they are bad dreams. Dinah has them. Dinah's mom has them. Ten minutes later she was back asleep.

At 5:30am the fire alarm went off complete with flashing strobe light in the room. Since college I have a hard time taking these seriously. I can remember nights with 10 or more fire alarms and I lived up on the 12th floor. And they are forever linked to meeting my ex-wife. So I don't budge. But I grudgingly agree that for the sake of the child in my life now, I need to get up. I had to go to the bathroom first. And then the all clear came and we went back to bed. there were another ten shorts bursts of fire alarm as they tried to reset the alarm. We slept well past 9:00am.


Brioche Beauty:
Yoke Around the Clock:
Oy Vegg!:
Big shoes to fill:


Calling everyone to let them know we are home:

1 comment:

Brook said...

You are not gonna believe this but Evie has the exact same kitten! That is freakin hilarious!